What is Subsidy on EV Cars in Delhi?
Looking to join the electric vehicle revolution but confused about all the financial jargon surrounding EV car subsidies? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll break down and decode the complex world of EV car subsidies, helping you understand the various financial incentives available.
From tax credits to rebates and grants, we’ll navigate through it all so that you can make an informed decision on your next green vehicle purchase. Get ready to unlock the secrets behind these enticing perks and discover how they can save you money while driving towards a sustainable future. Let’s dive in!
Introduction to Subsidies on Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles are eligible for several subsidies and financial incentives in the United States. The federal government offers a tax credit of up to $7,500 for the purchase of a new EV, and many states offer additional incentives.
EVs also benefit from subsidies that lower the cost of charging infrastructure. For example, the federal government offers a 30% tax credit for home charging stations, and many utilities offer reduced rates for EV owners.
The subsidies and incentives available for EVs vary by state, so it’s important to research what’s available before making a purchase. However, with the right research, you can save thousands of dollars on your new EV.
Subsidy for electric cycles in Delhi
These days, electric bikes are becoming a popular way of traveling. E-Cycles come with dual features like you can drive them by battery and when the battery runs out, you can drive them with a paddle. Cycling is also beneficial for your health. The Delhi government is subsidizing electric cycles in order to promote them.
- Purchase incentives for e-cycles are 25% of the MRP (not more than INR. 5,500 per vehicle).
- An additional INR. E-cargo cycles qualify for an additional INR purchase incentive of 33% of the e-cycle price (up to INR. 15,000 per vehicle).
- A scrapping incentive of ₹2,000-₹3,000 subject to evidence of matching contribution from the dealer/OEM
Subsidy for electric scooters in Delhi
For the past two decades, two-wheelers have been the go-to transportation choice in India. Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles continue to be a popular option due to their relatively low cost and cheaper maintenance and running costs. However, electric two-wheelers face higher initial prices and longer charging times; Lithium Ion batteries require 3-4 hours for a full charge. To promote the adoption of e-scooters, the Delhi government has offered subsidies for them; details can be found below.
- Purchase incentive of ₹5,000/kWh of battery capacity; not exceeding ₹30,000/vehicle.
- Scrapping incentive of up to 5,000, subject to dealer, OEM, or other matching contribution.
Subsidy for electric autorickshaws in Delhi
CNG auto-rickshaws have been the most popular commercial passenger auto in Delhi for the past five years. As CNG is cheap in Delhi, vehicle maintenance costs are also low. Due to cheap CNG, the running cost of the vehicle is also lower. The vehicle can also be refueled in 10 to 15 minutes and can run 200 kilometers on a full tank.
A major problem with electric auto-rickshaws is the lack of charging stations. Delhi government has set up charging stations for electric vehicles across the city to resolve this issue. As well as promoting high-speed charging stations, the government is giving subsidies on electric auto rickshaws so that people will consider them before purchasing a CNG auto rickshaw. Below is an overview of the subsidies for e-autorickshaws.
- Electric auto-rickshaws face a major problem when it comes to charging stations. To solve this problem, the Delhi government has set up electric vehicle charging stations throughout the city. Additionally, the government is promoting high-speed charging stations so that cars can be charged quickly and subsidizing electric auto rickshaws so that people will think about this before buying CNG auto rickshaws. E-auto rickshaw subsidies are listed below.
- Purchase incentive of ₹30,000/vehicle on e-LCVs
- There is a scrapping incentive of up to RS 7,500, provided the manufacturer/dealer matches the incentive
- A 5% interest subvention is available on loans and/or hire purchase agreements
Subsidies for electric four-wheelers in Delhi
The biggest challenge for any Indian government is to increase the sale of electric four-wheelers. Two factors promote the sale of petrol/diesel vehicles. First, petrol/diesel vehicles are very affordable compared to electric four-wheelers, and second, they give better mileage than electric two-wheelers.
Electric four-wheelers are being subsidized by the government in order to promote them. The government is also promoting the charging infrastructure so that it can be changed easily. The subsidy details for electric four-wheelers are below. Private players are setting up high-speed charging stations in Delhi so that four-wheelers can be charged quickly and ready for a ride.
- An incentive of rs 10/kWh of battery capacity for the first 1000 cars with a cap of rs 150,000/vehicle
- Delhi crossed the 1000 car mark in August 2021, further incentives on e-cars will be announced by the Delhi government
Delhi’s subsidies for light commercial vehicles
Within the city, electric commercial vehicles are becoming the primary means of transporting goods. Electric commercial vehicles are becoming the most popular choice for people. In Delhi, the government is also promoting the electric commercial vehicle and providing a good subsidy for it. Let’s take a look at what subsidy an individual can get upon purchasing an electric commercial vehicle.
- Buying an e-LCV will earn you an incentive of Rs 30,000 per vehicle
- There is a scrapping incentive of up to Rs 7,500, subject to evidence of a matching contribution from the dealer or OEM
- Ineligible for a 5% interest subsidy on loans and/or hire purchase
Subsidies for e-rickshaws and e-carts in Delhi
Nowadays, E Rickshaws and E Carts are the most popular means of transportation within a city. This is due to several aspects. They are environmentally friendly, an economical way of commuting every day, and can be easily recharged anywhere plus provide great mileage. The Delhi administration hopes to boost the sales of electric rickshaws and carts in Delhi, offering subsidies for those who intend to purchase them. Let’s take a look at what kinds of subsidies are available if you’re considering buying an E Rickshaw or cart!
- The purchase incentive for e-rickshaws or e-carts is Rs 30,000 per vehicle
- A 5% interest subvention is also available for e-rickshaws and e-carts with advanced batteries
How to apply for Electric Vehicle Subsidy in Delhi
As shown in the picture below, you can access the official Delhi Government website to apply for an electric vehicle subsidy.
- The official EV Delhi website can be found here
- Click on the login button to log in.
- The username and password that buyers receive after purchasing the EV from the dealer must be entered
- Buyers can claim the electric vehicle subsidy in Delhi by entering their credentials and clicking on login.
- Buyers will receive an SMS once the subsidy claim process is complete.
Electric vehicle subsidies are directly sent to the buyer’s bank account. It is a very easy and simple process. One thing Buyers should keep in mind is to check the eligibility of the electric vehicles on the Delhi Government’s official website before buying.
EV car subsidies are an important tool for governments to promote the adoption of electric vehicles. By offering financial incentives, they can inspire more people to make the switch and help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. But we must understand how these subsidies work so that Earthtronev can make an informed decision when deciding whether or not to purchase an EV. We hope this article has given you a better understanding of what EV car subsidies are and how they could benefit you financially if you decide to go down the electric vehicle route.